Απάτη με ευρωπαϊκά κονδύλια : Η Ελληνίδα ερευνήτρια και η έρευνα – «μαϊμού»

(1/1)

Αιμιλία η φτερωτή χελώνα:
Απάτη με ευρωπαϊκά κονδύλια : Η Ελληνίδα ερευνήτρια και η έρευνα-μαϊμού του ενός εκατ. ευρώ

Σάλο έχει προκαλέσει η υπόθεση απάτης που αφορά  Ελληνίδα επιστήμονα η οποία οργάνωσε μια διεθνή επιστημονική έρευνα για να αποσπάσει 1,1 εκατ. ευρώ από ευρωπαϊκά κονδύλια.

Η υπόθεση ξεκίνησε όταν το Ευρωπαϊκό Συμβούλιο Έρευνας χορήγησε 1,1 εκατ. ευρώ σε ελληνικό πανεπιστήμιο για τη χρηματοδότηση ενός ερευνητικού έργου που θα διηύθυνε η νεαρή επιστήμονας, της οποίας ο πατέρας εργαζόταν στο εν λόγω πανεπιστήμιο.

Το ερευνητικό έργο υποτίθεται ότι θα περιελάμβανε ένα δίκτυο με περισσότερους από 40 επιστήμονες από ολόκληρο τον κόσμο.

Την απάτη αποκάλυψε η OLAF (Ευρωπαϊκή Υπηρεσία Καταπολέμησης της Απάτης), όταν υπέπεσε στην αντίληψή της ο περίεργος τρόπος με τον οποίον καταβάλλονταν οι πληρωμές για τους διεθνείς ερευνητές. Οι επιταγές εκδίδονταν στο όνομα μεμονωμένων ερευνητών, αλλά στη συνέχεια κατατίθεντο σε τραπεζικούς λογαριασμούς με πολλούς δικαιούχους. Οι υποψίες αυξήθηκαν όταν προέκυψε ότι οι επιταγές κατατέθηκαν προσωπικά στους τραπεζικούς λογαριασμούς από την επικεφαλής Ελληνίδα επιστήμονα.

Σύμφωνα με πληροφορίες η ερευνήτρια θεωρείται από τις νεαρότερες και χαρακτηρίζεται ως δραστήρια και λαμπρό παράδειγμα νέου επιστήμονα. Είναι κόρη καθηγητή πανεπιστημίου εκτός Αθηνών και είχε προκαλέσει αίσθηση που προτίμησε την Ελλάδα παρά κάποιο ξένο Πανεπιστήμιο.

https://www.tanea.gr/2020/05/06/greece/apati-me-eyropaika-kondylia-i-ellinida-ereynitria-kai-i-ereyna-maimou-tou-enos-ekat-eyro/
https://www.in.gr/2020/05/06/greece/apati-eyropaika-kondylia-ellinida-ereynitria-kai-ereyna-maimou/

Και μετα σε αυτο το αρθρο το ForBetterScience δειχνει την πληρη εκταση της απατης:

At 16, she was given the opportunity to enrol at Michigan Tech by her High School principal.”
[...]
“Aifantis was 17 when she approached Stephen Hackney, a colleague of her father’s, and asked him if she could work with him on applied elasticity, which her father had developed as a mathematical theory the year she was born. “I … found it would be very romantic to study that,” she says. Hackney “was hesitant” to take on so young a researcher, he writes in an e-mail, but he gave her a project on the micromechanics of lithium battery design when he recognized that her mathematical skills far exceeded those of many graduate students.”
According to her own self-recorded CV, after having graduated at MTU, Katerina Aifantis stayed between October and December 2004 at the prestigious University of Cambridge in UK, where she obtained her Master’s degree in absolute record time of 10 weeks.
[...]
Katerina Aifantis then moved to the University of Groningen in Netherlands, where, in just roughly 3 months, she graduated with a PhD. BBC explains how that happened:

“She passed her degree in engineering at 19, then went to Cambridge University in the UK for her PhD. She was supervised by the applied mathematician, Professor John Willis.
“He let me go straight ahead into research instead of making me take courses and following the traditional path,” she says.
Although she finished her dissertation within a year, she was unable to submit for a PhD at Cambridge because rules stipulate a minimum of three years of study.
“John Willis and I thought that I could transfer to a different university in Europe that has no time requirements,” she explains.
She moved to the University of Groningen, which was doing similar experiments, and became the Netherland’s youngest PhD ever, aged just 21.
“I guess I was very blessed in having wonderful people to support me, and also both my father and my mother were very supportive of my love for science,” she says.

In 2008, less than a year into her first ever postdoc in Paris, Aifantis received that ERC starting grant of €1.1 million, titled MINATRAN (Probing the Micro-Nano Transition: Theoretical and Experimental Foundations, Simulations and Applications). Luckily, her father once again recognised her potential, and in wise foresight offered his own Aristotle University lab in Thessalonki to host the future ERC grant recipient as a new professor. The ERC founding president was back then another Greek science titan, Fotis Kafatos, who said about young Katerina:
“a very talented young female scientist, who not only earned her PhD at the age of 21 but also published several interesting papers in highly reputable scientific journals, such as the Journal of Mechanics and Physics, The Philosophical Magazine, Acta Materiala and the International Journal of Plasticity. In some sense, she is probably in a league of her own right now.”
[...]

But a genius’ place in America, so Aifantis went to the country her genius father already established himself in. From August 2013 on, not even waiting for the ERC project to end, Katerina Aifantis became associate professor at University of Arizona in Tucson. In 2016, she received a research grant to collaborate with her BSc degree mentor Hackney at MTU.

As soon as that grant ended, Katerina Aifantis left Arizona and joined the University of Florida in August 2017, where she now has her nanotechnology lab, funded by the Department of Energy and NSF. The lab website is decorated with photos from the most prestigious award ceremony a scientist can be honoured with, after the Nobel Prize itself. The FLOGEN SIPS Award (σχολιο:  :D :D :D ), bestowed upon Katerina Aifantis in 2019 by the illustrious conferencier Florian Kongoli.

In fact, the award Katerina Aifantis received was named “Stoddart International Scientific Award“. Previously, in 2015, her father Elias received another FLOGEN award. The 2020 FLOGEN scamconference event will take place in November 2020 in Phuket, among its organisers are listed both Elias and Katarina Aifantis.

[...]

Update 8.05.2020

Greek journalist Sofia Christoforidou shared this interesting link with me. Turns out, the Aristotle University Thessaloniki sued the ERC in the EU Court of Justice, over well, what coincidence, the MINATRAN grant, held by Katerina Aifanti. ERC apparently tried to claim back additional ~€250k, but most embarrassingly, lost the case in full. ;D ;D

https://forbetterscience.com/2020/05/07/my-heart-belongs-to-daddy-so-i-simply-couldnt-be-bad

Α - ΡΙ - ΣΤΕΙ - Α!

Φοβερο, απο μενα συγχαρητηρια στην αριστη νεαρη ερευνητρια!

Navigation

[0] Message Index